Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer
Were You Injured Through No Fault of Your Own?
Few things in life are more debilitating than an injury, especially one that was caused by someone else’s carelessness or negligence. Pain and suffering at the hands of another must not go unaddressed, as injuries of any kind can result in a host of complications and inconveniences. Your injury may prevent you from working and subsequently earning an income, and could rack up enormous medical bills that may feel impossible to pay off.
At Patterson Weaver Law, LLC, our Colorado Springs personal injury attorney will not settle for less than what you are owed. As such, you can count on us to go above and beyond to achieve a fair settlement on your behalf. We are compassionate to your unsettling circumstances and understand that legal matters are the last thing you need to deal with. That’s why you can leave the heavy lifting to our personal injury lawyer in Colorado Springs while you focus on what’s important right now: Recovering.
To best maximize your compensation in your personal injury case, our Colorado Spring personal injury attorney must prove that the responsible party’s negligence caused your pain and suffering. Negligence is defined as a failure to behave with the level of care that an ordinary person would have exercised under the same circumstances.
We will work diligently to prove the four elements below in order to establish that the other party was negligent:
- Duty of care: The defendant owed a legal duty to you, the plaintiff. A judge will examine certain factors to determine whether the defendant had a duty to act. Such elements include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging in the cultivation of a risk that resulted in your injury
- Voluntary undertaking: The defendant voluntarily committed to protecting you from harm
- The defendant knows or should know that their actions will harm you
- Business/voluntary relationships: Examples include business owner and customer, landlord and tenant, guardianship of another, etc.
- Breach of duty: The defendant breached their duty by acting or failing to act a certain way.
- Causation: Your lawyer must prove that the defendant’s breach of their duty caused your injury. The injury must have been bodily harm or harm to your property.
- Damages: This element involves compensating the victim for their injuries. Such compensation can cover lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of consortium and more.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Our Colorado Springs personal injury lawyer is well-versed in several types of personal injury claims. We primarily focus on car, truck, and slip and fall accidents but handle a wide range of cases. Our team understands that injuries have no bounds and can happen anywhere, therefore we will work to accommodate your needs and advise you on the best course of action in your case.
We handle cases such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability/slip and fall
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Construction injuries
- Product liability
We Can Help Maximize Your Settlement. Available 24/7!
Allow our Colorado Springs personal injury attorney to help guide you through the claims process and provide the legal counsel you need to regain some peace of mind. We are deeply familiar with how insurance companies handle personal injury cases and will work to overcome the obstacles they may impose in your case. Our goal is to secure the highest compensation possible without going to court, but if the responsible party doesn’t offer you a fair settlement, we will happily fight for your best interests in the courtroom.